Re: [xmca] The Fundamentals of Defectology

The work with the blind-deaf that Karl Levitin wrote about seems to be one
way to play out Vygotsky's ideas about creating social situations of
development where the blind where not functionally blind.

The work of Carol Padden and Tom Humphries (Deaf in America) also bears on
these ideas.

mike