Re: [xmca] concepts

On 19 April 2011 09:53, Andy Blunden <ablunden@mira.net> wrote:

> Huw, I think by dissolving all distinctions you also dissolve all meaning,
> and the result is meaningless.

This is where quoting comes in handy.  That's not what I wrote and I'm
surprised that this is what you think I meant.

> [...]
>>
>>    You miss my point, Huw in the 1st paragraph. Having "Activity" as
>>    a fundamental concept is the only way I know to *avoid* the
>>    mental/physical dichotomy. But I wouldn't go so far as to try to
>>    avoid the "distinction." Would you?
>>

>> Adopting the words of Beer, I'd dissolve the distinction.  :)

My apologies to Beer, RIP, he'd have said dissolve the problem, i.e. that of
the dichotomy.

Nice exchanging points of view here, Andy.  I think Jay's summary was good.
I'm happy to take this further if you find it helpful.

Huw