Re: [xmca] MARKED activity within a Dynamic Systems Developmental Model

Thanks, Larry. I believe that a discussion of "quasi motives" would also be
useful. I can contribute two thoughts, for what they are worth.

1. I think it is interesting to think of the words "inscribed" and
"culturally mediated" into the
term, MARKED, in your comments.

2. Am I correct that he developmental process you are describing  emerges
from the  co-incidence of developmental change occuring in two, seemingly
distantly related, developmental domains ; cognition and movement? If so,
this, and a number of other such examples form the core of the account given
in *The Psychology of Children, *which my wife and I published in 1989. We
called such convergence points, "bio-social-behavioral shifts"
that occur in culturally organized activity.

I ascribe that idea to the work of Emde and colleagues and German-Genetic
Field Theory,,,
of which Lewin as a major contributor.

To me it makes sense.
mike