Re: [xmca] Inside Job

The best thing we can do Carol, I think, is to work away at stitching the social fabric back together which has been so torn apart by the neo-liberal ideology coming out of the US and so enthusiastically embraced by our Great Leaders in every country in the Anglosphere, so far as I can see. Vygotsky and CHAT generally has given us a fantastic theoretical basis for understanding how that social fabric is stitched together from fibres of collaborative projects.

Andy

Carol Macdonald wrote:
Jay

Thanks for the insights.  I am horrified  to hear that the regulations were
repealed, as we (the rest of the world) thought that such a thing was not a
possibility because of the checks and stays after the Great Depression.

 Altough in South Africa we didn't have a bubble pop, we still have lots of
nepotism and the poor people are just as poor as they were pre-democracy,
and a small group of people are getting a great  deal richer. Service
delivery such as grants for pensioners, and the quality of provinicial
hospitals doesn't bear thinking about.  The govt saves billions because of
poor service delivery.
What can we (xmca) do about it?

Carol