RE: [xmca] nonverbal representations

Thanks, Vera. I have your book right here.

-----Original Message-----
From: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu] On
Behalf Of Vera John-Steiner
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2011 11:07 AM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: Re: [xmca] nonverbal representations

Hi Monica,

I agree with your interpretation. You may want to look at my Visual Thinking

chapter in Notebooks of the Mind, and the last chapter where I try to
integrate my ideas about cognitive pluralism ( a term I coined later) with
Vygotskian theory. Peter's work on masks and literacy is another interesting

line to follow as is Jay's theory.
Vera John Steiner