Re: [xmca] Anna Stetsenko's notion of Social Conduct

Hi Eric and Steve

Thanks for the response.  I agree that Anna's work is a "bridge" that links
noncanonical CHAT perspectives to other frameworks that I also am wrestling
with. In particular, philosophical hermeneutics [in contrast to 'romantic'
hermeneutics].  Anna is exploring the range of models that link up notions
of 'structure' [as historical] with goals and meaning and also with notions
of operations [Garfinkel's & Goffman's enactments] as moment by moment
intersubjective processes.  The linking of EXTRAlocal and local as
simultaneous processes AND also subjectivity [psyche] as all being CENTRAL
to this historical/ontological dynamic is exciting.

Eric and Steve, I also appreciate Anna's perspective that all 3 processes
are linked in a holistic weaving together of a single regulated unit of
analysis that is historical/ontological development.

SUBJECTIVITY may be discussed in various models of CHAT but Anna's project
to reinvigorate noncanonical activity theory is an attempt to make the
subjective [psyche] CENTRAL and foregrounded and explicit AS AN HISTORICAL
dynamic.   Her perspective helps me orient to other traditions which Jack
Martin and Suzanne Kirschner explore as  multiple sociocultural accounts
[discursive, dialogical, philosophical hermeneutics, activity, and
relational psychoanalysis] .

Most of the time I am moving on parallel tracks as I tack back and forth
among these multiple frameworks which are all exploring linking historical
and subjective processes.  Anna's reflections seem to share a similar spirit
of wonder.

Larry