Re: [xmca] concepts

On 19 April 2011 09:01, Andy Blunden <ablunden@mira.net> wrote:

> You miss my point, Huw in the 1st paragraph. Having "Activity" as a
> fundamental concept is the only way I know to *avoid* the mental/physical
> dichotomy. But I wouldn't go so far as to try to avoid the "distinction."
> Would you?

Adopting the words of Beer, I'd dissolve the distinction.  :)

I've been thinking about it, though I don't think that cybernetics entails
the 'fundamental' concept of activity and yet meets all the conceptual needs
I've had for it to date.

> You mention: "subject/organism/host of the epistemology". Are you
> suggesting that something other than a human being can have an epistemology?

You can point to any organism and say it knows something.   To know that you
know is just another kind of knowing or affirmation.  In the sense of models
and Godel.

Huw