Re: [xmca] concepts

Phillip and Peter,
I am not inclined to see anything about seeing the future as fruitful here. Any capacity that an organism acquires which is adaptive to its environment can be deemed to be anticipating the future. And actually, you can't see the future, even with concepts.

Andy

White, Phillip wrote:
Peter, two assertions of your book excerpt directly caught my attention:

first -
"One aspect of concept development that tends to be overlooked is that
concepts enhance people's ability to anticipate how future action will
unfold."