[xmca] MATT SHEPARD IS A FRIEND OF MINE

From: Karen Gallas [mailto:k_gallas@hotmail.com]

Dear Friends,

For the past two years, my son, Liam, and his wife, Michele, have been working on the development and, now, the production of a film about Matthew Shepard.  As you may remember, Matt was murdered in Casper, Wyoming in 1998, simply because he was a gay man.  Michele, who was a close friend and classmate of Matt's has developed the film to present Matt as the person he was, not the martyr he became.

Filming for the project began last summer.  Michele and Liam, and their friends and colleagues who have participated in the filming and production thus far, have done so without outside funding.  To complete the project, they have initiated a fund raising effort with kickstarter.com in the hope that the merits of their project will draw donations from a broad range of constituencies.  I am writing to you for two reasons.  First, I hope you will consider making a donation, large or small, on kickstarter.com.  Second, whether you wish to donate or not, I hope you will send this email to your friends and colleagues who you believe might want to know about and support this important project.

To learn more about the film, please go to

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1253709612/matt-shepard-is-a-friend-of-mine?ref=live

OR go to kickstarter.com and search for

MATT SHEPARD IS A FRIEND OF MINE.

Thanks so much.  All the best,