Re: [xmca] Inside Job

In this tiny corner of the universe I have been being taught business
practices by a South-African based American pastor/evangelist/prophet.  He
warned us 18 months ahead what was about to happen. His son had been stung
by a sub-prime mortgage, against his father's will from afar, and from this
he exptrapolated the larger picture. We were supposed to have secured
ourselves before it happened.

Howcome -- considering that Johannesburg is not the centre of the universe
-- did not all the other people closer to the hub get fed the info about the
upcoming catastrophe?

And our own Consumer Protection Act absolutely prevented such a thing from
happening here. Here we can only get a mortgage on your disposable rather
than gross income.

But we are really concerned that there has not been a tightening of fiscal
discipline in the US.

Sorry, not the usual stuff we talk about in xmca, but deperately important
nevetheless.

WORK as:
Visiting Lecturer
Wits School of Education