Re: [xmca] pretending, imitating, playing and performing

Thanks, Gregory, for the comments and link to the Atlantic Monthly article and videos. In years of working with teachers off and on to help them see and organize their classrooms as performance spaces and relate to themselves and others as performers (some of that in a school we ran and some in public schools), I resonate with what you say about the camera. Although we didn't have or use a camera, just creating a "stage" somewhere in the room makes all the difference. People really do something  different when they perform (themselves) than when they "just behave."
Lois

Don't forget to check out the latest at http://loisholzman.org

Lois Holzman, Ph.D.
Director, East Side Institute for Group and Short Term Psychotherapy
920 Broadway, 14th floor
New York NY 10010
Chair, Global Outreach for UX (www.allstars.org/ux)
tel. 212.941.8906 ext. 324