From: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of Larry Purss
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2011 6:21 PM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: Re: [xmca] Kozulin & Feuerstein and the mediated learning paradigm

David

This response to my question captures the power of the genres
perspective through which to understand the practices of "good
teaching/learning"

To suggest the same practice can be "explained" and justified from two
divergent but equally valid frameworks is very helpful for reflecting
on our educational models.  Not having to "bridge" or "link" the
divergent metaphors but allow them to both take center stage at
different moments in time does actually help with clarity of purpose.

I look forward to learning more of this genres perspective.

Larry