Re: [xmca] Montaigne, proximity, morality and mirror neurons

Thanks for this, Rod. Montaigne is not a name we encounter much on xmca, but
he is very important to the development of the ideas that we discuss here
often.

He writes really interesting things, such as:

A straight oar looks bent in the water. What matters is not merely that we
see things but how we see them.

For truly it is to be noted, that children's plays are not sports, and
should be deemed as their most serious actions.

I prefer the company of peasants because they have not been educated
sufficiently to reason incorrectly.

Age imprints more wrinkles in the mind than it does on the face.

mike