RE: [xmca] Paradigms, Hyperdigms, Hypodigms

Tony, Andy, thanks for kind words.

Andy, there's no book, but there are various versions of a draft
Educational Researcher article I've been working on for a while. I'll
gussy up a recent version and send it to you. The basic shape of the
pedagogical genres has been in place for a couple of years. More
recently, I've been working on the sociology of science aspects, as
discussed in my recent posts, as a way to help me deal with the
deafening indifference or active resistance the approach has provoked in
colleagues. This set of exchanges has been reassuring that perhaps I'm
getting to the point where it can become compelling for Educators and
Psychologists to take a fresh look at their relationship in historical
terms, and better understand the limitations of that relationship for
making learning a usable construct for teachers.

The central theoretical work of the genres approach is to marshal
perspectives from the various branches of psychology that help us to
understand skills, concepts, and dispositions as separate and distinct
learning accomplishments against the counter momentum of psychology, in
its varied schools, pushing toward an integrated mutual interdependence
of all learning forms. This work is the vital foundation for
articulating genres of teaching that treat each of the three learning
goals as distinct pedagogical enterprises. This is interesting work,
that I think I've made some good progress on; though once I get past the
first hurdle of being heard may provoke a whole new round of calumny
from psychologists.

Andy, I'd be interested to hear more about the project you are working
on that provokes your interest in the interaction between theories of
mind.

David