Re: [xmca] FW: Net Neutrality

I've always thought that we should have a vote in your elections too, but the thing is, do we get to buy Congressmen, too?
andy

Tony Whitson wrote:
David wrote:
We in the US have lost a round in the fight to preserve an open internet
that privileges non-commercial speech like XMCA exactly to the extent of commercial speech, or speech promoted by corporate interests.

The problem with saying it like that is that it's not just "We in the US" who have lost this round.

Although this round _WAS_ lost in the US Federal Communications Commission, the losers are all of us around the world.

Some have argued that the world's population should be able to vote in U.S. elections, since so often US Gov't decisions affect so many outside the US, as much as those inside our own country -- and besides, people voting from outside the US would often be better informed about what's being decided.

We might also see some improvement if we could elect somebody like Lula, now that he is finishing his job in Brasil.