Re: [xmca] 11 minute movie critiuing formal schooling

An irony of this movie is that the format is geared to that Ritalin-medicated audience whose attention span is limited to an 11 minute cartoon. But ... I watched it. There are more of them at the RSA website. Discussing movie clips is quite a good format for a class discussion, I think.

Andy

Helen Grimmett (Education) wrote:
Thanks Andy. That's the perfect thing to stimulate discussion at my next pd session with my research group of teachers, and much more interesting than just listening to me say all the same things! It will be interesting to hear their reactions. I suspect they presently feel too much like a cog in the factory wheel to do anything different, but I'm planning pd sessions for the start of next year to working on changing that (particularly by using the arts) to help them feel alive and creative and capable of doing something different. If our teachers feel anaesthetised it's no wonder our kids do!

Cheers,
Helen