Re: [xmca] RE: CHAT/SCT - A voice from the past

No, Mike, I actually found Eugene's list very useful myself. What I was after, and certainly I expressed myself not quite efficiently was not a paradigmatic account, but a historical one. I know little about what the academic and intellectual life was like when, within the Soviet Union, Vygotsky's ideas were emerging and being received, and at the same time one had a milieu I guess pervaded by behaviorism of some kind. Vygotsky had them as interlocutors, which was somewhat a difference with the SCT, which had cognitivists as the most direct audience. Does it make any sense?

Jorge

Jorge Larreamendy-Joerns, Ph.D.
Profesor Asociado y Director
Departamento de Psicología