From: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of Carol Macdonald
Sent: Friday, November 26, 2010 8:56 AM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: Re: [xmca] Elizabeth Gaskell and George Eliot

Because I am confined to bed, I have plenty of time to read, and have found
that Margaret Mitchell (Gone with the Wind, first read when I was 13)can do
slave English so well that I often have to read a sentence twice to get the
meaning. Where would she have got that talent?  She surely had no living
exemplars?
Carol

WORK as:
Visiting Lecturer