Re: [xmca] someone or anyone

All good questions - and to further muddy the waters... We have found that
there are times when the "more knowledgeable other" in the zpd has little or
no more knowledge of the subject being learned than does the novice.  What
they do have is experience learning.  Highly successful learners (like the
undergraduate student mentors in our programs) can do a great job of
modelling learning behaviors - and often this is far more valuable than
"teaching" a particular skill to the children.  I guess here the
relationship matters most of all.

Deborah

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 6:52 AM, Armando Perez Yera <armandop@uclv.edu.cu>wrote:

> It is a very interesting position. The nucleus of development is in
> activity and relationships. The concept of Social Situation of
> Development,and its central organization, the vivence, put in the center of
> development of personality, the integtration of cognitions and affects. The
> activity, integrate the action. W

> hat more about Vygotsky?
> Armando

Deborah Downing Wilson
Laboratory for Comparative Human Cognition
http://lchc.ucsd.edu/
<http://lchc.ucsd.edu/>Department of Communication
http://communication.ucsd.edu/
University of California San Diego