Re: [xmca] Hybridity in Living Color

Hi David-- I feels kind of as if the intertwining of topics is getting
particularly dense at present.

Responding to your hybridity note while thinking about tool/sign and rules.

I don't get what makes dimensions of power, such as size, or hardness, or
speediness NOT a part of hybridity. Such assymetries, as I understand it,
are central to the process of development. They are central to the spiraling
process we try vainly to depict in our symbolic gestures around MCA. Perhaps
a sort of Multi-modal, multi-dimensional, multi-magnitude, multi-chronic
hybridity?

I was knocked over when I saw the picture of Ayer's painting by the
inclusion of people gardening and the man/manikin -- and the fact that I had
an editor sufficiently in tune with my intent to recognize the affinity
totally out of the context of her work.

mike