[xmca] Internalization and interiorization

Larry--

How would we think about the case of, say, the abacus expert who can, hands
folded,
add large columns of multi-digit numbers with great rapidity and accuracy. I
had always
thought this an interesting case of something like internalization where the
"mental model"
of the abacus can be stably assembled and used. But perhaps given Furth's
distinction,
it is both internalization and interiorization? Or?

mike