Re: [xmca] LSV on the preschool stage

Hi Peter,

Interesting! It contradicts this data, from Winsler & Naglieri (2003). Here, "Observed Covert PS" is what they call "partially covert speech," including whispering and mumbling. You'll see that only 15% of the  youngest kids, aged 5, were observed doing this, and self-reports of this kind of self-directed speech had barely started at that age.  Can we get a preprint of this study?

Martin

TIFF image