Re: [xmca] Tom Toolery

My answer, Paula: yes.
My body, with its various parts, is an artefact; according to context, symbol or tool. My face and my 5 o'clock shadow is a symbol just as much as the shirt I wear. My teeth a tool just as much as a can opener.

Andy

Paula M Towsey wrote:
For some inexplicable reason while watching Mike's blind man with a stick
video, I remembered smsing Carol with a quirky question: if a researcher
without a knife is trying to open an airline packet of peanuts, and she
resorts to using her teeth, what tool is she using?

Though, perhaps the better question would be - is she using a tool.?

Paula M Towsey

PhD Candidate: Universiteit Leiden

Faculty of Social Sciences