Re: [xmca] Youth Saving Youth

I think part of what I was saying in the original email was a response to
this: what struck me about this particular video is that it was a youth
conceived/organized/created response to save youth.  Dan Savage (an adult)
started the series of IT GETS BETTER videos to tell suicidal teenagers that
they need to stick around because being a gay adult is better than being a
gay teenager (better than being in a school run by adults -- ).  THen this
group of young people created a performance for other young people where
they talk about NOT waiting to either get out of school -- or for the adults
to realize the obvious and figure out how to behave -- but instead finding
queer friends NOW and then trying (as they are doing with this video) to
improve the life of gay teens NOW.
I was thinking of Yrjo's use of Breaking Away as I wrote the email.
Beth