From: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu on behalf of Gregory Allan Thompson
Sent: Mon 9/27/2010 2:31 PM
To: xmca@weber.ucsd.edu
Subject: [xmca] MCA Impact Factor

Just read an email from another list serve that was suggesting ways to increase the impact fact of their journal (Journal of Contemporary Ethnography, JCE), and some of the suggestions seemed useful for MCA (I recall a discussion about this in the past year or two). Here are there two suggestions for increasing the impact factor of MCA.

1. Have people (students, colleagues, etc.) access via the URL rather than supplying them with the PDF file. According to the JCE editor who passed this along, "each 'unique user' accessing an article by clicking on the pertinent URL link enhances the journal's impact factor.

2. Subscribe to email alerts for the journal. It looks like you have to create an account (free) in order to subscribe to email alerts for MCA.

Regarding the first suggestion, I wonder if anyone knows about the relevance of the first suggestion, and whether or not this is something that should be taken into consideration when circulating papers (maybe send the link AND a PDF just in case?).

Seemed like it was potentially useful for MCA, but I don't know enough about the ins and outs of journal management to know if this is useful or not. Anyone know more about the details?

cheers,
greg

<<winmail.dat>>