Re: [xmca] Worst Case Scenario ( NEED HELP )

Dear XMCA friends,

I received an almost identical email as this one the other day on my
personal email account--also ostensibly from a firend--which is apparently
a scam.

Don't send money!

For further information, check out the link below:
http://www.lastminutetravel.com/blog/index.php/2010/01/08/travel-scam-alert-your-friend-was-not-mugged/

What a world--you really have to be alert!

Best wishes,
Peter

Peter Feigenbaum, Ph.D.
Associate Director of Institutional Research
Fordham University
Thebaud Hall-202
Bronx, NY 10458

Phone: (718) 817-2243
Fax: (718) 817-3203
e-mail: pfeigenbaum@fordham.edu

Karen Wieckert <kwieckert@gmail.com>
Sent by: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu
09/20/2010 08:52 AM
Please respond to
"eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca@weber.ucsd.edu>

Karen Wieckert <kwieckert@gmail.com>
cc

Subject
[xmca] Worst Case Scenario ( NEED HELP )

I'm writing this with tears in my eyes,my family and I came down here to
Wales,United Kingdom for a short vacation unfortunately we were mugged at
the park of the hotel where we stayed,all cash,credit card and cell were
stolen off us but luckily for us we still have our passports with us.Roger
was beaten up by the muggers because he was trying to protect us, he is
currently at the Hospital receiving treatment, Kela and Maren are with
him.

We've been to the embassy and the Police here but they're not helping
issues
at all and our flight leaves in less than 3hrs from now but we're having
problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let us leave
until we settle the bills.

Am freaked out at the moment.

Karen