[xmca] Re: Vygotsky Psychological Dictionary

Hello Ysable Clare--

Well, if you have been following the discussion on xmca, you must be aware
that there are many views on the various meanings of perezhivanie in
different contexts varying from colloquial everyday usage to carefully
worded definitions of the sort you quote.
Vygotsky himself appears to use it both the everyday and the technical sense
that follows from, is part of, his overall theory. Others use it in somewhat
different theoretical contexts and I often have trouble figuring out for
myself what mixture of psychological properties a given author has in mind.

If you google perezhivanie on the lchc homepage you can probably find
further discussion. There is a recent article off *mind, culure, and
activity *on play that introduces the term in that context and an upcoming
article by Beth Ferholt which
I believe is focused on the term.

The connection to Stanislavsky is certain appropriate. Again, if you google
him
at lchc you may find material of interest to you. some time in the last
millenium Yrjo
Engestrom wrote about theatre in what was then a newsletter we published and
there has been intermittent discussion about the usefulness of dramatic
metaphors in cultural-historical theorizing.

Good luck in your search. Let us know what turns up.
mike cole