RE: [xmca] FW: ScienceDaily: Parts Of Brain Involved In SocialCognition May Be In Place By Age Six

Good to know, Mike....
I always appreciate your critical views and find them well worth
follow-up, and I will take a closer reading of Car's work on this.

Actually, the piece I was forwarding is at the bottom... it is some
recent research in the neuroscience field that I thought would be of
interest. I included the piece by Ratner and the reference to Blunden to
give some varied context to this recent research.

 Parts Of Brain Involved In Social Cognition May Be In Place By Age Six
> http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/07/090715074930.htm

> By scanning the brains of children ages 6 to 11 as they listened to
> children's stories, researchers have for the first time investigated
> brain regions associated with social cognition in human children.
> Researchers found that one of the brain regions, the right
> tempero-parietal junction, appeared to change its function between the
> ages of 6 and 11. This research has implications for the study of
> atypical social development, as happens in autism.

-~em