[xmca] Activity Theory and Music Performance

 Hello dear all,

As a PhD student in musicology, I investigate the relationship between musician and musical instrument and in particular the idea that the instrument becomes like an extension of the musician's body. In my theoretical account of this relationship I use Activity Theory. Recently, I have written an article which will be published on the occasion of the Memca 2010 conference in Köln. I wish to continue applying Activity Theory in my research because I think that the research paradigm in which my PhD is situated, the Embodied Music Cognition framework, and AT can complement each other in a significant way. Of course I have much to learn about AT. Next to reading numerous books and articles, I thought it might be a good idea to ask AT experts to review my writings. Therefor I send this mail to the XMCA-list, hoping that one or more AT experts that are subscribed to this list would want to devote some of their time to read my article and send me a critical review. I don't know whether this is done or not done, but I know I can learn a lot from this and maybe it can even lead to a fruitful dialogue on the topic of music performance and AT.

If you are willing to do this, please send me a mail so I can send you my text.
I really hope this will happen and I look forward to it.

Thank you very much and kind regards,
Luc

--
Luc Nijs