Re: [xmca] animated zpd

Hello Achilles and group,

I want to know where Vygotsky points out that the students interest are
inherent? Isn't it a bit idealistic?

Something like that startled us in our  last group meetings:

In this text "The Problem of Age" (
http://www.marxists.org/archive/vygotsky/works/1934/problem-age.htm - Thanks
Andy for the text) Vygotsky points out that:

"(...) development is a continuous process of self-propulsion characterized
primarily by a continuous appearance and formation of the new which did not
exist at previous stages."

The "sef-propulsion" caught our attention... So is development an inherent
movement too?  Is this related to the accusations made by Leontiev of
Vygotsky being an idealist? If it is the social environment that promotes
the development, how can it be self-propelled?

This development auto-propulsion has something to do with the ideas of
adaptation and evolution? Or has it something to do with the ideas of Engels
about the dialectic movement in nature?

And after reading some practical works based on Dewey and Engeström, i
though that the thinking of Dewey and Vygotsky were more close...

Sorry if my questions and appointments seem silly, but i am trying to get a
better understanding about Vygotsky's theories, Dewey theories, and most of
all, how to apply it... And i need to study a lot more about philosophy...

Wagner