Re: [xmca] animated zpd

While I saw the clip as a somewhat crass interpretation of ZPD, typical as Mike said, of those American interpretations which the Russians so object to, I did not find it disrespectful.

    See    http://www.xtranormal.com/

This is the application the maker used. It is very simple. Anyone can do it, and of course, as Achilles sensed, you *write* a script, and enter stage directions from a menu, and it makes the video for you.

I think the maker probably thought it would be a good teaching tool for communicating what they saw as the basics of Vygotsky. The pallette of tools is very limited.

Andy

Achilles Delari Junior wrote:
I agree in found something disrespectul too, perhaps not indented too... This feeling is translated in my mind as an understanding that the clip seems to be some ironic/satiric. Because it shows certain artificiality (if not to say a excessive artificiality) certainly not characteristic in Vygotsky's relations with children - based in all narrative we have, including from his daughter Gita. There was also a text from 1931, that we found in the Volume about Defectology from the Works, titled "Diagnostic of the devellopment and paedological clinic of the dificult childhood" (I'm puting in English from my Espanish version) - and there we can saw a very sensitive concern from Vygotsky about he himself and a psychiatry working with him, attending a little boy and his mother and translating their experiencing in "thecnical" strange words, that could not really help the mother to understand better the real situation. When the mother asked for them what that words was meaning, they only give to her the same narrative that she just had exposed to them. Therefore, Vygotsky turns concerned that he himself and the doctor did not know very well what was actually hapens with the child, and all the text will work around the methodogical problems involved in this simple episode... I understand that such an aptidude described in the clip souns as a little irony, and could be give us an oportunity to think about... Perhaps they was tring to popularize some definitions. But the definitions was practically literal quotes from wrote language... Vygotsky had a critics about persons that talk almost as they was writing... I can localize this too. Of course the clip have not the intention to be realistic... I think this was a kind of comic irony... if not very weel contextualized can sounds something disrespectful, I have to assume, and I feel something in this way.

Thank you.

Achilles.