Re: [xmca] Question

Elina--

I spent a great many sessions with Russian grad students who were interested
in this issue. We had a LOT of trouble with the fact that there seem to be a
whole lot of words that appear to refer in overlapping ways with
"self-consciousness."  Terms in the family of reflectivity, reflexivity came
up a lot among the Russian students, but they were trying hard to figure out
what the right English words were for whatever Russian term was being used.
Not just "samo-soznanie" was used in their conversations as well, with
meta-cognition slipping in along with "reflexia."

I am unsure what to suggest. What is occasion for the question?
mike