Re: [xmca] Online role-play research

That was a terrific summary, Richard. And it is of direct use to some folks
at UCSD who are looking at mixed genre, partially online/partially face to
face games in different social settings. Having that explicitly laid out
approach and sources to go to for "how to" use them is terrifically helpful.

I cannot tell from the exchange if you have read the articles in the special
MCA issue on playworlds. That was what got me started -- the fact that what
several of my colleagues have been doing as research is spontaneously
invented and implemented on a larger scale, but without the "research side"
of it, except in so far as it intrigues the NYTimes.

Bespeaks a large movement in society of which academics, librarians, and
camp councilors are a part without knowing it.
mike