Re: [xmca] 1982 paper on schooling

he, he! Yes. It's the male-female taxonomy isn't it? Mice way of seeing the world, especially the world of artefacts!

andy

mike cole wrote:
That article connects to several ongoing threads, Andy. But lets see if others are interested before I directly comment.

Instead, I think that the cover of the current issue of the New Yorker magazine provides interesting food for thought one concepts and their representations. It is accessible from www.newyorker.com <http://www.newyorker.com>. Try to click on the cover and than use control+ (on a pc) to get a larger and larger imaged. The different layers of meaning appear to move between the syntagmatic and paradigmatic dimensions of meaning making. Besides,
its clever.
mike