Re: [xmca] Layers versus stages

I am unsure how to answer your question, Larry. LSV appears to use different
metaphors/lenses at different times. I'll cc Boris Meshcheryakov
on this note/exchange because he has spent so much time and thought trying
to makes sense of LSV's conceptual system(s).

Several years back, Eugene Subbotsky, a student of Luria's at one time, and
I, wrote about stage ideas in a way that may still be useful, if only for
contrast and some classic metaphors where stages and layers co-exist. I'll
cc him also in case he is interested.

http://lchc.ucsd.edu/People/MCole/Scweizerische.pdf