Re: [xmca] opening prayer for Texas curriculum deliberations

I was listening to the feed while she delivered this "invocation," and I was shocked. It was not even in the form of an invocation -- with all the "I believe this"s and "I believe that"s. Turns out, it's from a 1954 Prayer Breakfast speech by Earl Warren. (See
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,936197,00.html   . )

This was not a prayer, but a political stunt in the form of prayer. Mrs. Dunbar pressed God into her service as a tool for her political chicanery.
From a Judeo-Christian POV, This is a form of blasphemy.