Re: [xmca] Re: Roaming, Scanning and the Objectivity of the SSD/Where is Development

Mike--
Very simply put, I think we can say there was a "transformation" because of
the situational constraints.  As I pointed out earlier, Andrew would not
have been allowed to roam the classroom, so the next best thing was to watch
as much as possible what the other children were doing.  It would not have
been adaptive if he took visual scanning home, because of the layout of the
house. So the adaptation has to take place at school. But the school does
not tolerate the visual roaming, so they pathologize him. After that, what
.....?

Sorry not to have put that all in theoretical language except to say that
LSV would make a better explanation than Leontiv, as the child was trying to
make sense of his situation.

Carol

WORK:
Visiting Researcher