Re: [xmca] moral life of babies

Martin et al- I know you know the literature noted below. But I am not sure
of your take on it in this context. Over the past decade plus we have found
a myriad of studies using such criteria as disinhibition in newborns or near
newborns in which evidence of sensitivity to the Katian categories has been
claimed.

A google search on Baillargeon object permance
Spelke on space
Gergley on intentional movement
Wynn on number
etc

I am in great sympathy with notions of primal synchrony and reciprocity, but
what about the status of the phenomena from this massive research program
with respect to the line of argument in this XMCA thread? All epiphenomena
as a result of experimental procedures? Or?

Seems important to get this story straight.
mike