Re: [xmca] moral life of babies

Larry and Andy (and Martin and David I guess).

I would rather withhold judgment on some to the categorization going on in
this discussion. Andy wrote:

"To me, it does raise the question, as Jay commented in his belated
commentary on the infant communication discussion, how much is retained or
built on, how much is sublated into more complex neoformations and how much
actually just fades away to be replaced by other neoformations?"

Is sublation not a transformation?
Are you sure that what the baby arrives with are not proto-concepts?
Everyone understand (e.g., can specify new examples in an unambiguous way)
what counts as a neoformation?

I feel quite uncertain about these issues.
mike