Re: [xmca] The Interpersonal Is Not the Sociocultural

Mike, what particular issues do your Russians raise against your thought that zopeds extend beyond schooling:

* age levels?
* trained teachers?
* learning as the leading activity?
* instituional framework?
* formal structure of schooling?

Andy

mike cole wrote:
Have these very stimulating ideas been taken up by Minerva or the Owl,
David?

I turns out that in the past week, while not observing Iguanas, I have been
reading Brothers Karamazov. Perezhivanie land. And thinking about issues of
learning outside of schools, historically or culturally "before schools,"
where issues of emotion, broadly construed, come to the fore.

I have been excoriated by Russians for thinking that the idea of a zoped
extends beyond schooling, but this line of discussion and the way it has
been re-posed in the discussion brings starkly to mind the kinds of emotions
that kids ordinarily experience in classrooms. How often, under what
conditions, could these emotions be considered conducive to development or
the creation of a zoped?

Sometime, but can we generalize about the conditions?
Does Franklin in the blocks.... an example from a preschool, count?
And in the second language learning conditions that you so eloquently
and intricately seek to instruct us with?

This line of discussion seems important, even if i cannot tie it to all the
threads swirling around xmca's version of Pandora.

mike