From: Dot Robbins <drobbins72000@yahoo.com>
To: Culture ActivityeXtended Mind <xmca@weber.ucsd.edu>
Cc: quintino.aires@gmail.com; glozman@mail.ru
Sent: Fri, March 19, 2010 10:34:01 PM
Subject: [xmca] Vygotsky conference/Portugal

Dear Michalis, Manuel, Peter S.,
Thank you for your efforts to promote the Vygotsky conference in Estoril, Portugal (not far from Lisbon), June 24-26, 2010. This conference is sponsored by IPAF - Instituto Psicologia Aplicada e Formaçãois in Portugal (and Brazil), by Joquium Quintino Aires. Quintino, and his team, have spent much time in Russia, learning about Vygotsky from our Russian colleagues, and implementing that knowledge into their work in psychology. I wanted to state that a number of Russian experts will be attending this conference: Janna Glozman, Yuri Zinchenko (Dean of the Faculty of Psychology at Moscow State University), Elena Kravtsova, Gennadi Kravtsov, and many others, including Bella Kotik-Friedgut, who studied and worked with A. Luria. A number of the people mentioned attended an IPAF conference in Portugal in 2003, and it was an experience we will never forget. The conference sessions were simply excellent....but, beyond that, the atmosphere created by our
colleagues in Portugal made the experience a holistic adventure in networking....it was not just a conference, but an in-depth exposure to the culture of Portugal. As a result of the human aspect of the conference, we were able to enter into deeper discussion to not only learn about Russian Vygotskian theory, but to get to know each other. If you decide to come to this particular conference, you can be sure that it will be a memory for many years to come. We hope you will make the effort to attend this one-of-a-kind opportunity.
With good wishes to each of you,
Dot