Re: [xmca] conservation

Martin:

I'm REALLY glad you asked this. When I raised it before Mike said that basically young children DO have conservation but they are misled by the context of the question (which is more or less my explanation, because even for adults "more" can mean something like "the level is higher").

But he said that there's a bunch of stuff on both sides, including Bruner and Greenfield (1966) and Greenfield (1972). I haven't been able to track down the articles that he means; in general my resources are on-line and they don't go back very far into the pre-internet age.

He did, however, invite me to Skype on this sometime this weekend when sanity returns to his schedule. Unfortunately, I have a grad retreat today and tomorrow (that's YOUR Thursday and Friday, my Friday and Saturday) and an informal wine and cheese (well, kimchi and smoked duck) with some undergrads about T&S Chapter 1 on Sunday (your Saturday).

But if Mike is agreeable, maybe we could cobble something together for:

Location
Local time
Time zone

Seoul (South Korea)
Sunday, 28 February 2010, 09:00:00
UTC+9 hours

Philadelphia (U.S.A. - Pennsylvania)
Saturday, 27 February 2010, 19:00:00
UTC-5 hours EST

Corresponding UTC (GMT)

Sunday, 28 February 2010, 00:00:00

That's your dinner time, but it's just about Mike's high tea, so he might be agreeable.

dk