[xmca] Fwd: Reflections by Comrade Fidel "The Bolivarian Revolution and the Antilles"

Starts with:

"I was fond of History, as much as almost any other kid. And I also liked
wars, a sort of culture that society used to sow among boys. All the toys we
were given were toy guns.

Being a child I was sent to a city where no one ever took me to the movies.
Television did not exist then, and in the house where I lived there was no
radio.  Imagination was my only resort".

For those who are interested in children play and imagination :))  (like
myself who has just finished reading Vygotsky's Imagination and Creativity
in Childhood)

And later he will say that a revolutionary needs two things: Arm and spirit
!

Thought in terms of US interests , I think that "Cuban society" prior to
1959 should not have sowed so much war culture among boys !

Sometimes, results are just the opposite of what is expected !

Anyway, nowadays, he (Fidel) says that now we are in the age of battle of
ideas and that the battle will be waged through ideas...an idea itself which
I adore

Ulvi