RE: [xmca] Fw: waves in Hawaii: some beauty for a sunday afternoon

Hmmm... they don't look like MY vacation pics from the Bonzai Pipeline... :-)
~em

-----Original Message-----
From: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of mike cole
Sent: Sunday, January 24, 2010 8:47 PM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture,Activity
Cc: Зинченко Владимир
Subject: [xmca] Fw: waves in Hawaii: some beauty for a sunday afternoon

I almost never do this, but the photos below from Clark Lewis are really a sight to see. For the sheer pleasure of it.
mike
*
These incredible images of waves in the Hawaiian Islands were taken by Clark Little, the number one photographer of surf.*

*He is dedicated to photographing the waves and has published a selection of his best images.* *Sun glints off  wave Clark Little/SWNS
**
Sand in surf
Clark Little/SWNS
This shot captures sand from the ocean's floor being swept up by a monstrous wave and resembles a sandstorm.*
*
Little calls it the Sandmonster.*
*
There were clouds of sand ten feet high and I'm standing there.
I'm holding on to my camera and my trigger as long as I can.
Then I have to jump into the cloud of sand to try to get out of danger's
way.*
*
His fans pay as much as $4,000 for his gorgeous photos.

**

Tubular shining
Clark Little/SWNS

**

Beach - surf crashes down
Clark Little/SWNS

**

Molten liquid gold
Clark Little/SWNS

**
White tumultuous water
Clark Little/SWNS*
*\
**

Splash - stunning shot
Clark Little/SWNS

**

Red mysterious shot
Clark Little/SWNS

**

Break - wave crashes down
Clark Little/SWNS

**
Beauty - water drops
Clark Little/SWNS*
*
This shot is his favorite.*
*
With a high shutter speed he caught the brilliant fanned effect of two waves  intersecting each other and throwing out this beautiful fan of water.*