Further historical thoughts on this thread Re: [xmca] Zhozephina Shif – something in English?

Hi Achilles, Andy, Mike, and others
I know this thread was dropped a week ago but it has continued to turn over
in my mind.
I've attached an article by Danzinger that elaborates on the themes of this
thread and introduced a framework I thought was interesting.
He suggests when we study the history and evolution of psychological and
discursive objects we should consider 3 separated but interweaving levels of
analysis.
He prefers the term epistemic objects to discursive objects as the article
explains.
The 3  frameworks are 1) The person's biography  2) the situated social
practices in which the epistemic objects had their historical development
and 3) the discursive history of the formation of the psychological object.
He believes that in our contemporary theorizing we are biasing the
discursive and personal biographical frames and under theorizing the
historical social practices.

Achilles, when you elaborated the complexity of the number of variables that
must be considered when exploring the emergence and development of a
"tradition"
it seemed overwhelming.  Danzinger's proposal is one possible "map" for
differentiating various strands and then interweaving them together.
What do you think of the article
Larry