Re: [xmca] Human spark TV show

Mike, Larry, I have written about this and show how catastrophe theory (R. Thom) allows us to understand how such a transition may have occurred, consistent with the Holzkamp/Leont'ev articulation:

Roth, W.-M. (2009). Cultural-historical activity theory: Toward a social psychology from first principles. History and Philosophy of Psychology Bulletin, 21 (1), 8–22.
http://www.educ.uvic.ca/faculty/mroth/PREPRINTS/Roth2009.pdf

Cheers
Michael

On 2010-01-22, at 5:42 PM, mike cole wrote:

Larry---

Could we start to think in this way: elements of what created homo sapiens
sapiens was not a single spark. it was, under very special environmental
circumstances, perhaps involving also a mutation of some part of the genome
simulataneously, the coordination of many sparks at one time and place?

Compression of different humanoid populations in Northern Europe
during ice age circa 50k years ago give or take several k years?
mike