Re: [xmca] Re: Master’s program based on CHAT

A major stumbling bloc)k, I believe, Andy, is that various people want to do
this as THEIR thing (THEY being located some PLACE (Moscow, Helsinki, etc.).
I have
NO interest in such an undertaking. My idea is that each PLACE would give
credit according to their internal rules/affordances such that students got
credit-- I have no hope of getting credit to the profs contributing, which i
suspect others DO have). Then, if we had some minimum number of sessions (10
is my local number, for others it can be 18 or more) in common and we
organized an equal, or more or less equal number of "speakers" whose
"speaking" was recorded and archived and a list-serve or a google wave or a
blog or........ local people could grade/credit their own. Cost is minimal
(UCSD in cooperation with a few other places could "host" and store the blah
blah blah and common texts for no charge).

Seems like is "could" work. But I sense reluctance to be so non-enterprising
with no special credit going to any one entrepreneur. I might be wrong. All
I know is that I can repeat these ideas in as many fora as I like and the
answer....... well, there is no answer.
You know how it goes: No mind? Never mind.
:-))
mike
PS-- Annalise-- Would you pass this along to the group to whom you announced
the Helsinki class?