Re: [xmca] Fwd: Purposes and processes of education

Thanks again, deborah.
The whole business of treating OUR broad categories of historical "stages"
as if they were uniform is as problematic as our
practices of assigning stages ontogenetically. There is much more
heterogeneity than we can encompass, so we overgeneralize
and usually not in value neutral ways.

Documenting that variability, as well as the similarities, among tokens of
the types we imagine seems an urgent task for cultural-historical
approaches to development.
mike