Re: [xmca] Zhozephina Shif – something in English?

Andy & Larry-- there is a paper by McDermott and Dore from a while back on
conversation as "collusion." Hmmm. Sounds less friendly than collaboration,
but, then, collaboration has its shady meanings too.

Achilles. I first encountered the term, heterochrony, in the work of the
evolutionary biologist, Steven J. Gould. When we combine heterochrony and
synchronic heterogeneity, i believe that non-linear dynamic systems are
perhaps a ubiquitous outcome of the emergent process.

mike