From: Bella Kotik-Friedgut <bella.kotik@gmail.com>
Date: Saturday, January 16, 2010 3:03 am
Subject: Re: [xmca] Zhozephina Shif – something in English?
To: lchcmike@gmail.com, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca@weber.ucsd.edu>

As a student I took part in Leontjev's course on geleral psychology and the his distancing was not obvious (at least for us as students because one of the compulsory tasks was to read " Thinking and Speech" and to be examined fully on one book as well as another task to read Leontjev;s "Problems of
development of mind") As for the tradition: Luria's "Basics of
Neuropsychology" is based on Vygotsky's ideas quite explicitly. Is this an
expression of cultural-historical tradition?

Bella Kotik
.